I am getting blood from the mouth
Sometimes. I found that it is from below and sides of the tongue and not from the throat or teeth.
How to stop a bleeding tongue at home:
- First, you should firmly press a cloth to the area to help control the bleeding
- If there is pain and swelling, wrap the cloth around some ice
- If it’s a deep cut and you need to stop your tongue from bleeding, try rinsing (not drinking) your mouth with 1 part hydrogen peroxide and 1 part water
- For pain relief after meals, you can try rinsing your mouth with warm salt water
- Contact your doctor if you experience swelling and redness, fever, or pus, says the Government of Alberta, as they could be signs of an infection that may require antibiotics